198. Amrityuh: One who does not perish. The entire nature, the universe comes out of him and goes back into him.
199. Sarvadrik: The man who can see all and know all.
200. Simhah: One who destroys. Sri Krishna declared in Bhagavadgita, I am the king of animals, Lion.
201. Sandhaataa (సంధాతా) : He correlates actions and fruits of all persons in this universe.
202. Sandhimaan (సంధిమాన్): He does the action and also experiences the action.
203. Sthirah: Firm, Changeless
204. Ajah: Unborn
205. Durmarshanah: He cannot be attacked and vanquished, The most powerful man.
206. Saastaa: One who rules over the universe.
207. Visrutaatmaa: The pure self (atma).
208. Surarihaa: The destroyer of enemies of angels in the universe. The destroyer of negative tendencies in man
209. Guruh: The teacher who initiates a persons in spiritual practices.
210. Gurutamah: The greatest teacher of scriptures.
211. Dhaama: The Goal of spiritual journey or endeavour.
212. Satyah: The Reality in the Universe.
213. Satyaparaakramah: Lord uses his force in favour of Truth (Satya). He will insist that only truth shall prevail.
214. Nimishah: The person who is thinking inward all the time.
215. Animishah: The person who is observing the universe all the time.
216. Sragvee: The wearer of the garland Vaijayanti.
217. Vaachaspatir-Udaaradheeh: The Lord champions the law. At the same time he is kind (Udaara) person. Whenever a devotee turns to him from physical world, he will answer his prayers. He knows all the people in world are under the spell of maya.
218. Agraneeh: He is the leader for spiritual journey.
219. Graamaneeh: Graama means a collection of many things in Sanskrity. Here graama refers to the entire universe. Lord the head of this collection.
220. Sreeman: Sree means glory. Lord is the glorious person.
221. Nyaayah: He gives every body the ability to use logic to help in arriving at the discovery of soul. He demonstrates that ability in various incarnations.
222. Netaa: The leader. The manager of the machinery of life of this universe.
223. Sameeranah: Administrator of processes of the bodies of living creatures. The dictionary meaning is the breath.
224. Sahasra-Moordha: One who has thousand heads (here it can be interpreted as innumerable heads.
225. Visvaatmaa: The soul or spirit of all beings in the universe.
226. Sahasraakshah: One who has thousand eyes (interpreted as innnumerable eyes).
227. సహస్రపదే (సహస్రపాత్)
227. సహస్రపదే (సహస్రపాత్)
Thousand Ways to The Transcendental:
Vishnu Sahasranaama Commentary by Swami Chinmayananada
Central Chinmaya Trtust, Mumbai - 400072
Vishnu Sahasra Nama Stotram - విష్ణు సహస్ర నామములు - 1 to 200
Updated 18 June 2016, 25 Jan 2012