Doubling Farmers' Income: Rationale, Strategy, Prospects and Action PlanConcept Paper by
Ramesh Chand, Member NITI Ayog
Base year 2015-16 - Target year - 2022 - 23
Intention: Double the income in real terms.
Page 8 of the paper
Sources of Growth in Farmers' Income
1. Improvement in Productivity (Output per acre).
2. Resource use efficiency or saving in cost of production
3. Increase in cropping intensity (farming more number of times in year)
4. Diversification towards high value crops
5. Shifting cultivators to non farm occupations
6. Improvement in terms of trade for farmers or real prices received by farmers (shifting some revenue to farmers from the existing middle men)
19 September 2017
States Requested to Develop The Strategy to Suit its Context in Line with the Strategy announced by the Centre
4 October 2016
Modi Government has announced that it aims to double farmer's income by 2022.
What are the measures being taken?
MGNREGA - 75% times payments from the current 55%.
Creating one million - ten lakh farm ponds
Training barefoot technicians
18 lakh rural youth to trained under NREGA as skilled persons. Come to 3 per village.
Construction of one crore houses in rural areas.
National Rural Livelihoods Mission - Rs. 51,500 crore provide in the last two years to set up Self Hel Groups.
PradhanMantri Sadak yojana to develop roads to 65,000 villages.
Updated 25 September 2017, 20 September 2017, 9 September 2017, 4 October 2016