The Academy honours Indian and Foreign nationals who are elected by "peer" committees in recognition of their personal achievements in "Engineering" which are of exceptional merit and demonstrated distinctive eminence in the new and developing fields of technology.
The election to the Academy is by invitation only. Upto 50 Fellows from Academia, R&D and Industry may be elected from the nominations made by Fellows of INAE affiliated to the following Engineering Sections.
Under the Rules & Regulations of the Academy, the total number of Fellows at any one time may not exceed 800
Fellows on its rolls divided into ten Engineering Sections
Engineering Section -I…
Engineering Section -II…
Engineering Section -III…
Engineering Section -IV…
Engineering Section -V…
Engineering Section -VI…
Engineering Section -VII…
Engineering Section -VIII…
Engineering Section -IX…
Engineering Section -X…( Civil Engineering)
( Computer and Information Technology)
( Mechanical Engineering)
( Chemical Engineering)
( Electrical Engineering)
( Electronics & Communication Engineering)
( Aerospace Engineering)
( Mining, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering)
( Energy Engineering)
( Interdisciplinary Engineering and Special Fields)
The last date of receipt of nominations for Indian and Foreign Fellows is April 30 and May 31 of each year respectively.
Newly Elected Fellows w.e.f. Jan 1, 2015
1 Prof. C Bhattacharyya, Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science and Automation, Indian Institute of Science (IISc.), Bangalore
2. Dr. SK Biswal, Chief Scientist and Head, Mineral Processing Department, CSIR-Institute of Minerals and Materials Technology (Formerly RRL), Bhubaneswar.
3. Mr. SK Chande, Raja Ramanna Fellow, Department of Atomic Energy, Atomic Energy Regulatory Board, Mumbai
4. Prof. D Das, Professor of Department of Biotechnology and Professor-in-Charge of PK Sinha Centre for Bioenergy, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur,
5. Prof. Amit Konar, Professor, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering Department, Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
6. Dr. R Kothari, IBM Distinguished Engineer, IBM-IRL, New Delhi.
7. Dr. Lalit Kumar, Director, Microwave Tube Research and Development Centre, DRDO, Ministry of Defence, Bangalore.
8. Dr. Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, Chairman & Managing Director, Biocon Ltd., Bangalore.
9. Dr. NB Mehta, Associate Professor, SPW 205, Department of Electrical Communication Engineering, Indian Institute of Science (IISc.), Bangalore.
10. Dr. Arunn Narasimhan, Associate Professor, Heat Transfer and Thermal Power Laboratory, ME Depatment, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai.
11. Dr. V Narayanan, Deputy Director-Cryogenic Propulsion Engines & Stage Entity & Project Director-C25 Cryogenic Engines Group, Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre, Indian Space Research Organisation, Thiruvananthapuram.
12. Dr. BK Panigrahi, Associate Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, New Delhi.
13. Dr. DR Prasada Raju, Scientist-G/Adviser and Head-TMC, SEED, KIRAN and GLP, Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, New Delhi
14. Mr. B Prasada Rao, Chairman & Managing Director, Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BHEL), New Delhi.
15. Mr. A Ramchandani, Vice-President, Product & Technology Development, Larsen & Toubro Limited, Mumbai.
16. Dr. N Ravichandran, President and CEO, Lucas TVS Ltd., Chennai.
17. Dr. CV Rode, Chief Scientist , Chemical Engineering and Process Development, CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory, Pune
18. Prof. Indradev Samajdar, Professor, Department of Metallurgical Engineering and Materials Science, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai.
19. Prof. Mukesh Sharma, Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, Kanpur.
20. Mr. Mangu Singh, Managing Director, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), New Delhi
21. Dr. SN Singh, Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kapur, Kanpur.
22. Dr. P Sivakumar, Outstanding Scientist (Scientist ‘H’) and Director, Combat Vehicles Research & Development Establishment (CVRDE), DRDO, Ministry of Defence, Chennai.;
23. Dr. K Tamilmani, Chief Distinguished Scientist & Director General (Aero), , DRDO, Ministry of Defence, Bangalore.
24. Prof. N Tandon, Professor, ITMMEC, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, New Delhi.
25. Dr. S Venkata Mohan, Principal Scientist, Bioengineering and Environmental Sciences (BEES), CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Engineering (CSIR-IICT), Hyderabad.
26. Mr. KN Vyas,Associate Director, Reactor Projects Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai