Flora, Fauna and Environment - Safeguarding Our TomorrowThe present generation has to make this world a better place to live. A better place not only for us, but for our future generations as well. We have to nurture the environment, institutions, people, resources and amenities. We have to combine the past, the present and the future. We have to have a holistic view of human life for sustainable development.
We have to develop the assets and amenities for ourselves in a manner that leaves an equally good or even better environment for the future generations. We will put sustainability at the centre of our thoughts and actions, working on the principle that inclusive growth cannot be limited by the barriers of time and space - it has to be built on the foundations of the past, leverage on the opportunities of the present, and preserve and enhance its resources for the future. We will take Climate Change mitigation initiatives with all seriousness and work with the global community and institutions in this regard.
- Encourage Cleaner production.
- Cleaner fuels will be promoted so as to bring down the pollution levels particularly in the cities.
- The concept of pro-active 'Carbon Credit' will be promoted.
- Ecological Audit of projects and pollution indexing of cities and townships will be done on scientific basis.
- Pollution control mechanisms will be set up on priority basis.
- In addition to protecting the existing forests and wildlife reserves, the wastelands of the country will be used for social forestry.
- Guidelines for Green buildings and energy efficient work places will be brought out.
- R&D and Human Resource Development in Environment Technology will be promoted.
- Set up fool proof mechanisms for protection and preservation of wild life.
- Encourage citizen's participation in reforestation, agro-forestry and social forestry, through targeted programmes.
- Encourage and incentivize innovative garbage disposal and waste management practices, especially recycling techniques.