Dakaradi Durga Sahasranam:
Nava Durga Puja Vidhi for Dasara Festival. 70 page document in deva nagari lipi
Durga Saptashati Parayana - Some Procedures
There are various schemes of sampuṭa in caṇḍī vidhi (Saptashati parayana or reciting). "Sampuṭa" here means uttering the specific mantra before and after every verse of saptaśatī for all the 700 verses.
Some are sampuṭas for the entire hymn while some others are for each individual verse of saptaśatī. The most common scheme is one where the navākṣarī mahāmantra is recited 108 times at the
beginning and end of saptaśatī. Such use of sampuṭa is generally for sakāma pakṣa . Those reciting the hymn mainly for ātmalābha need not follow the saṃpuṭīkaraṇa scheme using navārṇa mantra.
There are four recognized ways of saṃpuṭīkaraṇa of saptaśatī
using navārṇa mahāmantra. They are:
1. Reciting 108 navārṇa mantras at the beginning and end of the
entire saptaśatī hymn.
2. Reciting 108 navārṇa mantras at the beginning and end of
each of the three charitras.
3. Reciting 108 navārṇā mantras at the beginning and end of
each of the thirteen chapters of saptaśatī.
4. Reciting navārṇa mantra at the beginning and end of every
śloka of saptaśatī.
There are various prayogas which are detailed in tantras such as kātyāyanī, vārāhī and ḍāmara, as also by authorities such as nīlakaṇṭha and nāgojībhaṭṭā some of which are listed below.
sampuṭa here means uttering the specific mantra before and after every verse of saptaśatī for all the 700 verses. One example of sampuṭa is reading is sloka with praṇava or Omkāra: "OM + śloka + OM"
1. By sampuṭa of sapraṇava vyāhṛtitraya a hundred times, one attains mantra siddhi (OM bhūḥ bhuvaḥ svaḥ + śloka + svaḥ bhuvaḥ bhūḥ OM)
2. By reciting sapraṇava vyāhṛtitraya at the beginning of every śloka, one attains mantra siddhi.
3. By sampuṭa of sapta vyāhṛti (OM bhūḥ bhuvaḥ svaḥ maḥ janaḥ manaḥ tapaḥ satyaṃ), one attains mantra siddhi.
4. By sampuṭa of gāyatrī mantra along with sapta vyāhṛti or vyāhṛtitraya, one attains immense merit.
5. By sampuṭa of the mantra jātavedase from the durgā sūkta, one attains all desired fruits.
6. By sampuṭa of śatākṣara tryambaka mantra, one is protected from death and disease. This mantra is formed by combining gāyatrī, jātavedase and tryambaka mantras.
7. By sampuṭa of the śloka śaraṇāgatadīnārta paritrāṇa
parāyaṇe, one achieves success in all endeavors.
8. By sampuṭa of the śloka karotu sā naḥ śubhaheturīśvarī, one
attains all desired fruits.
9. By sampuṭa of the śloka evaṃ devyā varaṃ labdhvā, one
attains all desired boons.
10. By sampuṭa of the śloka durge smṛtā harati, one is protected
from dangers of all kind.
11. By sampuṭa of the śloka sarvābādhāpraśamanaṃ, one is
freed from afflictions of all kinds. One can also recite this śloka
alone for the same purpose.
12. By reciting the śloka itthaṃ yadā yadā a lakh times, one is
freed from epidemics such as mahāmārī.
13. By reciting the śloka tato vavre nṛpo rājyaṃ a lakh times,
one gains back lost wealth and position.
14. By offering sadīpa balidāna reciting the śloka, hinasti
daityatejāṃsi, one is cured of bālagraha.
15. By a combined recitation of the śloka durge smṛtā harasi
along with the ṛk yadanti yacca dūrake, one is speedily freed
from all dangers and misery.
16. By sampuṭa of the śloka jnānināmapi cetāṃsi, one attains
the power of infatuation.
17. By sampuṭa of the śloka rogānaśeṣān, one is freed from all
17. By sampuṭa of the śloka ityuktvā sā tadā devī, one is blessed
18. The verse bhagavtyā kṛtaṃ sarvaṃ is very potent and
confers sarvasiddhi. It can be recited individually as a 112-
lettered mahāmantra to accomplish all desires.
16. By sampuṭa of the śloka devi prapannārtihare prasīda, one
is speedily liberated from dangers and misery of all kinds.
Performing the above prayogas in front of a lamp (durgā
dīpanamaskāra) grants very fast results.