25 December 2014
1. Gyansetu- internet based real time ICT system to provide e-services to be launched on 25th December, 2014.
2. Jodi Plan for Mobile for MTNL Subscribers to be launched on 25.12.2014
3. One month rental free for broadband and broadband & landline combo plans for new bookings for MTNL customers on 25.12.2014.
4. Launch of Time Stamping of CCA - Time stamps establish the time when a document or transaction was created. The service has been created and is ready to be launched by three Certifying Authorities (CA) – (n) Code Solutions, eMudhra and SIFY.
5. Launch of Good Governance Booklet: As indicated by a note received from Cabinet Secretariat, this booklet will highlight key achievements of DeitY and will act as a ready reckoner for general public. The booklet will be published in both physical form and e-Book. The draft list of the items to be included in the book has been prepared
6. Short Audio Visual (Film)- The proposed AV/Film will highlight the key achievements of DeitY. The proposed length of the film is 8-10 mins and the key projects taken up by DeitY namely MyGov, Biometric Attendance, Revamping of MMPs, Digital Locker, e-Book & e-Bhasha platforms, Jeevan Praman, e-Sampark and Mobile Seva.
7. e-Book platform developed by CDAC – Developed by CDAC, the e-Book platform will allaow all Govt Dept/agencies to create e-Books in standardized format. This will allow the general public to have cost effective access to large amount of educational material and Govt reports/Publications in digital formats.
8. e- Governance Competency Framework :- Competency based selection for implementation of e-governance would also support good governance. Developed by DeitY, this framework assesses and enhances the competencies of Government officers for visualizing, conceiving and delivering projects aimed at transforming existing systems. eGCF will make the e-Gov services in the country more sustainable and responsive to the needs of citizens.
9. Chips to Institutions/Systems Project :- The project aims at developing skilled/specialized manpower in areas of micro electronics, VLSI, Systems development on Chip, through premiere institutions like IITs and IISCs etc. It will result in development of more than 50,000 industry ready professional will be produced.
10. NIXI project (Gujarati idn) :- An initiative of the Internet Governance Division of DeitY to ensure inclusive development using the Internet. The local language plays a critical role in making Internet more inclusive by widening the knowledge base across communities in the native language and promoting the use of local language content. The growth of Internet has mainly taken place in one language namely English leading to the language barriers for non-English speakers. . भारत Country Code Top Level Domain Name (ccTLD) in Devanagari script was formally launched by the Hon’ble Minister for Communications and Information Technology, Mr. Ravi Shankar Prasad on 27 August, 2014. After the launch of .Bharat in Devanagari script National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI) jointly with C-DAC propose to launch the IDNs in Gujarati, Bengali and Manipuri on Good Governance Day on December 25th, 2014.
11. Mobile as Digital Identity: - DeitY conducted a consultation workshop in October 2014 to brainstorm on various aspects of how mobile phones can be used as instruments for electronic authentication of individuals’ identities. The participants included industry practitioners/ bodies, members of the academia, implementers, regulatory authorities, and officials from DeitY and other departments. The key outcome of the workshop and further deliberations was that “digital identity” should imply enabling mobility while establishing a person’s identity. For usage of mobile as an instrument of digital identity, three possible mobile identity solutions emerged: (1) mobile number linked with Aadhaar; (2) mobile digital signatures; and (3) voice biometrics (either standalone, or linked to mobile number). Work is underway to implement the most efficient and effective solution to enable citizens to enjoy the benefits of a mobile cradle-to-grave digital identity. A report on “Mobile as Digital Identity” is proposed to be launched on 25th December 2014.
12. NGN (Next Generation Network)Switch of BSNL, DoT:- BSNL will able to offer new services after NGN like Wide Area IP Centrex (WIPC), Multimedia services (MMVC), Prepaid which are not available on TDM switches. It enables to offer Multimedia communication with Quality of Services (QoS). The service will be launched through a Video phone facility between Delhi & Bangalore.
(Release ID :114054)